29th October 2020
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files downloaded to your browser which store and retrieve information while you use the Internet. They allow you to browse web pages efficiently, obtain information about your browsing history and execute certain functions.
2. Types and purposes of cookies
According to the time frame during which they remain active they can be:
- Session: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. And
- Persistent: The data are still stored on the user’s terminal and can be accessed and processed depending on the expiration date set by the person responsible for the cookie. This can be for a few minutes or several years.
Cookies can also be classified according to who creates or manages them, the following being distinguished:
- Own: Those generated by the website being visited itself, which are owned by the website publisher and for which the latter is liable. And
- Third-party: They are received when you browse a website, but they have been generated by a third-party who owns and is liable for them.
|Purpose||Description||Third parties||Retention period|
|Analysis or measurement||They enable user behaviour to be tracked and analysed. The information collected through this type of cookies is used for measuring website activity (such browser use, the number of new visitors and the impact of advertising), in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the use made by site users.||24 months|
|Sizmek (https://www.sizmek.com/privacy-policy/optedout/#options)||24 months|
|AdForm (https://site.adform.com/privacy-center/platform-privacy/opt-out/)||24 months|
3. Disabling or deleting Cookies
To configure or reject cookies, the user can use the settings panel at the following link: Modify or withdraw consent.
In addition to the options to activate and deactivate included in the settings panel, the user can allow or block cookies, as well as delete their browsing data (this includes the cookies themselves) from the browser they are using. To do this, the user can consult the options and instructions offered by their browser.
Some third parties also offer opt-out systems or other solutions to prevent the use of data collected through their cookies:
- Google: Add-on to disable Google Analytics, disable ad personalization and Google Chrome extension to opt-out DoubleClick advertising cookies
- Sizmek: https://www.sizmek.com/privacy-policy/optedout/#options
- AdForm: https://site.adform.com/privacy-center/platform-privacy/opt-out/
If you agree to the use of third-party cookies and then reject them, some of these cookies will remain installed on your device. If you want to delete them, you can do so from your browser, as indicated above in this same section.
- All or part of the services provided through it cannot be offered correctly and with standard quality levels, it may even be possible that they cannot be offered at all,
- The website will not be able to perform analytics on visitors and traffic, which will make it difficult for the website to compete, and
- It will not be possible to customise your geographic preferences such as time zone, currency, or language.
4. Other information about data protection
Data recipients: Third parties identified in section 2 “Types and purposes of cookies”.
Transfers to third countries: KAIKU does not perform international data transfers.